OFFICIAL STAR WARS™ FACT FILE MAGAZINE HITS STORES, OFFERING FANS UNPRECEDENTED INSIGHT INTO THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO A GALAXY, FAR, FAR AWAY…
LONDON, UK – 17th January 2014: De Agostini Publishing, the leading partwork publisher, today announced the release of the most complete encyclopaedia of all things Star Wars ever published. THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS™ FACT FILE offers fans the most comprehensive insight into the Star Wars universe ever, building up week by week to be the ultimate guide to a galaxy far, far away…
Since 1977, when cinema audiences were first stunned by the sight of a vast Star Destroyer rumbling across the screen, the Star Wars films have continued to capture imaginations and, with a new film due to hit the screens in less than two years, fresh enthusiasm for the Star Wars universe is mounting.
Officially licensed by Lucasfilm, THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS™ FACT FILE features facts and figures from the original and prequel film trilogies, the Clone Wars TV series, and the official Star Wars novels, games and comics throughout the years.
With unprecedented access to historical information, movie photography, commissioned artwork, CGI images and detailed blueprints, each issue of THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS™ FACT FILE covers events from a long time ago in six separate sections:
· BATTLES & EVENTS - The major, decisive battles that have shaped the Star Wars universe; including battle plans and strategies, profiles of the key factions, training tactics and blueprints.
· HUMANS & ALIENS - Data files and biographies of all the major personalities and races, humanoid and alien, including councils, secret sects, and other important affiliations.
· PLANETS & LOCATIONS – Key data on the universe itself: orbits, environments, locations, cities, buildings, indigenous populations and, of course, Death Stars.
· DROIDS & MACHINES – Design details and specifications, historical usage, primary functions and notable models of droids, robots and other programmable entities.
· WEAPONS & TECHNOLOGY – The military and domestic technology of the Star Wars universe; from ion blasters to double-bladed lightsabers, sensor packs to quad laser scopes, cybernetic implants to thermal detonators, and much, much more.
· STARSHIPS & VEHICLES – Detailed cross-sections, design blueprints, owner profiles, and key uses of the spacecraft, land units and transporters from the Star Wars universe.
Liam White, marketing manager for publisher De Agostini Publishing said: “We are extremely excited and proud of the release of THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS™ FACT FILE. This is a must for Star Wars fans of all ages. It’s the largest Star Wars guide ever published and, together with Lucasfilm, we have created the most detailed reference to our favourite galaxy far, far away…”
Issue No. 1 is currently on sale at the introductory price of 50p, with Issue No. 2 in stores from 15th January 2014 at the regular price of £2.99, with a free specially designed Star Wars Stormtrooper binder. There are 120 issues in the collection.
More information can be found on the official website www.starwarsfactfile.com, the official Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/starwarsfactfile and on Twitter at @StarWarsFiles.
STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM 2013 Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved.
About De Agostini Publishing: De Agostini Publishing is the world leader in the partworks market, with publishing products ranging from hobby courses to soft-educational publications for children and adults, from physical collections to general reference with a high level of digital content, and from flow packs and trading cards to innovative and unique content for the latest digital devices.
De Agostini Publishing has a broad presence in Europe, Asia and Latin America (through a joint venture with the Planeta Group) and a turnover of €500 million annually. De Agostini publishes more than 300 collections per year, which are distributed across 46 global markets, in 21 major world languages. De Agostini Publishing headquarters are in Novara (northern Italy) and operates internationally through 8 fully owned subsidiaries – London, Hamburg, Warsaw, Athens, Moscow, Kiev, Tokyo and New York.