Obsessed with the intergalactic worlds of Star Wars and/or Star Trek? Only a true fan can fully appreciate a quiz that separates the Star Wars fans from the Trekkies, straight from Matt Forbeck’s Star Wars Vs. Star Trek; Could the Empire kick the Federation’s ass? and other galaxy-shaking enigmas.
Filled with details about aliens, technology, story points, weaponry, and heroes from the two great science fiction/fantasy stories of our age, Star Wars Vs. Star Trek serves as an encyclopaedia for trusty fans.
Here, the ultimate quiz from the author, Matt Forbeck!
12 Ways To Tell If You’re A Star Wars Or A Star Trek Fan:
1. When you see a puffle, you wonder if Club Penguin is a kids’ version of Star Trek Online, and you marvel at this strange new world in which tribbles come in so many bright colors.
2. You regularly tell your kids, “Don’t make me destroy you.”
3. Every time start your car, you say, “Engage!”
4. When landscaping your yard, you think about how much easier it would be with a lightsaber.
5. When someone starts debating logically with you, you shout, “Are you out of your Vulcan mind?”
6. You know if a parsec is a unit of distance or time—but you don’t really care.
7. When you hear “O Captain! My Captain!” you think “Kirk or Picard?”
8. You wonder if C4 is an (explosive) kind of droid.
9. Impulse control seems like something Mr. Sulu or Wesley Crusher should be good at—even if you’re not.
10. Hyperspace is where you send your kids rather than Timeout.
11. Mr. Spock is a science officer, not a pediatrician, dammit.
12. May the Fourth (“be with you”) isn’t just a day to prepare for Cinco de Mayo.
So are you TEAM STAR WARS or TEAM STAR TREK? Follow @adamsmedia on Twitter, then Tweet your team + WHY with one of these hashtags: #teamstarwars OR #teamstartrek. You’ll have the chance to win a copy of the book – on June 23, we’ll pick 6 random Tweeters, 3 from each team!
Thanks to Adri Cowan for bringing this to my attention. Follow @adrileya.