Friday, 28 June 2019

Daisy Ridley won't be in the new Star Wars trilogy



The first instalment in the next Star Wars trilogy, from Game of Thrones' David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, won't see the return of familiar faces from the sequels when it enters cinemas in December 2022.

"I mean, I can say I’m not in the next trilogy," Daisy Ridley (Rey) told BuzzFeed News in a recent interview. "No. I think, 'cause Rian always said … if it’s the Rian one … or it’s the guys that did Game of Thrones. I’m not sure. Whichever one it was, they always said it was going to be a separate story. So I’m not. No."

Ridley wasn’t clear about whether or not she would ever return to the franchise after the conclusion of the Skywalker saga, in The Rise of Skywalker, this December. "I mean, it’s a great universe. I’ve had a great time,” she said. Here's hoping Ridley reprises the role, as she has previously with Star Wars: Forces of Destiny, for Disney+.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam so may not appear immediately. There's no need to re-post.

Thank you.